We all sit down at some moment in day and try to discover the benefits of working longer. Do you retire at 60, 65 or 70 of years of age or carry-on? There are blogs and data providing guidance on recruitment, cvs, jobs but as stated how long do you persist and for what purpose? This particular blog is full of tips and statistics on research in the UK.
What are the current retirement ages?
- The average age of retirement is 64.7 for men and 63.1 for women.
- Over-65s in England is expected to increase by 51% next 15 years,
- Gradually the state UK pension age is likely to rise to 70 within 30 years
The UK government has assembled many reports but a more recent independent report found, that despite the majority of working people wanting to retire by 65 years old (62%), 87% of workers say it’s more realistic they’ll hang up their hat closer to 75 years; and for very few, 75 years old and beyond (13%).
Why are we working longer?
- We enjoy our working
- Personal satisfaction from their efforts
- Gives you that “buzz“ affect and boosts your self-esteem
- It gives us an interest in life and yourself
- A regular income that you have earned
- Excellent job status where you may be working
- We get a sense of purpose and responsibility
- It’s good for our mental and physical health
- We can give back to others and share our knowledge
- Our life expectancy gets longer every generation
- Excellent retirement package in due course
- If you have mortgage commitments they are usually fulfilled (“60’s)
- Any loans, credit cards, etc. can be gradually cleared
- You are an iconic and respected member within the family tree
What about the alternative community?
The UK, geographical counties are all different but the average figure according to research indicates 48% will decide to retire as early as possible due to A) Successful businesses B)Inheritance ( as well as working ) C)Adequate pension pot D) Well paid job/s
It is fact that a large proportion of professionals and working class individuals opt for international jobs as they approach 55 – 60. Another report also confirms the increase in adult education; therefore numerous options are available for the remaining 48% that decide to retire earlier. Nevertheless if you are keen enough to carry on pursing temporary, temping or permanent work in the west midlands choose Nimble Recruitment as your recruitment option.