Even with the growth in IT the cover letters are still a vital part of your job application so how do you write the ideal cover letter for your dream job. A cover letter is generally the first point of contact with a prospective employer. It needs to be engaging and show the employer that you have the skills to do the job. A good cover letter can help you get a job interview by convincing an employer that you are what they are looking for their particular job vacancy and it will also demonstrate your written communication skills, grammar and literacy.
Some ideal tips that you can follow to write the ideal cover letter for your dream job
- Be clear and concise, straight to the point – don’t go round in circles with long sentences/words
- Think about the business, job and potential interview – make it sound original not a template
- Research on the internet track down the HR Mgr. or MD and address the letter directly to them
- Poor English is bad news – ask a friend/family member to read the letter, as reassurance.
- Keep the cover letter to approximately 250 – 300 words maximum & never exceed one(1) page
- Always provide a short introduction of 50 – 75 words about yourself & the purpose of writing
- Break the letter into 50 – 75 words of skills, qualifications and experience for this particular job
- Look back at your CV – provide genuine example of achievements, goals, targets, etc….to this job
- Target and comprise your cover letter in a manner, so it catches their attention
- Confident? – use handwriting techniques instead of a computer but ensure the English spot on.
There are several different factors & reasons why candidates are communicating with employers but a vast majority of cases they are dubious to write the ideal cover letter for your dream job. If you’re one of many west midlands candidates that applies for permanent and temporary jobs on a regular basis BUT quickly sends over the CV. Try bearing in mind the information stated above it may be beneficial when you locate that next dream job whether its temping, temporary or permanent, Try registering with Nimble Recruitment you can see from our website you have sufficient advise on CV’s, letters, interviews, etc…we offer an excellent recruitment agencies service.